Seven games within a month, starting with trip to Ireland next week
Chelsea has just announced their final three friendlies for the 2019-20 pre-season campaign, with trips to Ireland and Germany completing the preparations for the upcoming season.
Up first for the Blues will be a trip to Ireland, where a double-header awaits them in Bohemians and St. Patrick’s Athletic, with the final friendly of the pre-season campaign coming in Germany against Bundesliga side Borussia Mönchengladbach.
The friendly against Bohemians takes place on 10th July, with the match being played at Dalymount Park, which has a stadium capacity of 3,200.
Three days later travel west across Dublin to face another League of Ireland Premier Division side in St. Patrick’s Athletic, in front of a 5,350 strong Richmond Park.
The final game of Chelsea’s pre-season preparations against Borussia Mönchengladbach will take place on 3rd August. The game will be played at the Borussia-Park stadium, which has a capacity of just over 54,000.
The game against the Bundesliga side comes eight days before Chelsea’s first game of the 2019-20 Premier League, where they travel to Old Trafford to face Manchester United, with the UEFA Super Cup against Liverpool coming three days after that at the Vodafone Park in Istanbul, Turkey.
Games against current J1 League champions Kawasaki Frontale (19th July), current La Liga champions Barcelona (23rd July), EFL Championship side Reading (28th July) and the reigning Austrian Bundesliga champions RB Salzburg (31st July) will take in-between the three friendlies announced today.
The finalised 2019-20 pre-season campaign is as follows:
• 10th July vs. Bohemians (Dalymount Park – Dublin, Ireland)
• 13th July vs. St Patrick’s Athletic (Richmond Park – Dublin, Ireland)
• 19th July vs. Kawasaki Frontale (Nissan Stadium – Yokohama, Japan)
• 23rd July vs. FC Barcelona (Saitama Stadium – Saitama, Japan)
• 28th July vs. Reading (Madejski Stadium – Reading, England)
• 31st July vs. RB Salzburg (Red Bull Arena – Salzburg, Austria)
• 3rd August vs. Borussia Mönchengladbach (Borussia-Park – Mönchengladbach, Germany)