With the latest news coming out this morning that Bayern are preparing a new bid for Hudson-Odoi- I will look at whether there is any need to worry about this news.
Hudson-Odoi,18, has been linked all summer to Bayern Munich, and it has been clear that the German Champions have wanted to sign the young English winger since the January transfer window.
However the news of Lampard becoming the new Chelsea manager have put hope into Chelsea fans that Frank will convince Hudson-Odoi to stay.
But there may have been a further twist in the sage with the news that has been circulating this morning from German sources:
Reasons to worry about Hudson-Odoi leaving:
- He hasn’t signed a new contract yet, despite all the rumours saying that he is close to signing a new deal with the club.
- According to Kaveh Solhekol (Sky Sports reporter- @SkyKaveh), Hudson-Odoi’s entourage and Chelsea are still far away from finding an agreement for a new long term deal to keep Callum at the club- This obviously contradicts reports but it’s hard to say how true it is. This was reported at the end of June so hopefully an agreement is closer, but that is the latest update with Hudson-Odoi’s future from Sky Sports.
- His family and agent seem to be trying to force a move through to Bayern Munich.
Reasons not to worry about Chelsea selling Hudson-Odoi:
- Chelsea appointed Lampard to convince Hudson-Odoi to stay, as he will get alot more game time when he returns from his injury.
- Chelsea have a transfer ban, so even if Hudson-Odoi wants to leave- I highly doubt the club will sanction the deal this summer.
- Hudson-Odoi is Hazard’s replacement for at least the upcoming season! And hopefully a long time after if he develops in the right way.
My take on the situation
I think all these latest Hudson-Odoi reports from Germany are white smoke. I do think the Lampard appointment should be enough to convince Callum to sign a new long term deal with the club.
Comment down below what you make of these latest reports regarding Callum’s future, and do you think he will leave come the end of this transfer window?
By Danyal Khan